IELTS Speaking Part 1
1. Do you often read newspapers?
2. Which do you prefer reading, magazines or newspapers?
3. What kinds of newspapers (or magazines) do you usually read?
4. How old were you when you first started to read newspapers?
5. Do you think it’s important to read newspapers? (Why?/Why not?)
6. Why do you think people read newspapers?
7. What different types of newspapers are there in China?
8. Do you care about the news?
9. Is the news important to you?
10. What kinds of news do Chinese people read in newspapers?
11. Do you prefer to read about domestic (or local) news or international news? (Why?)
12. What are some methods that newspapers use to attract readers?
13. What influence do you think newspapers have on society?
14. Do you think the internet is a good way to get news?
Not very often. Newspaper always take time to get published so that they are not so updated. Besides, I have to go to the kiosks and spend money to buy newspapers. It’s quite troublesome.
Well, if I were to choose between the two, I’ll probably go with reading magazines in my spare time because they are well printed and always have in-depth reporting on some particular events; whereas, you know, newspapers always report the same news as the Internet, so they now seem to be not so indispensable.
I’m more interested in newspapers about foreign cultures. I like to learn about their religions, customs, and the foods they eat. Occasionally, foreign news interests me, too. I really like reading scientific related news.
I got the habit of reading newspapers when I was in high school, 18 years old maybe. The library in my school had several kinds of newspapers and magazines so that as long as I had free time, I’d like to go to read some news about the latest political events, sports and fashion news.
Yes, I feel that it’s very important for me and other people to know what happened in the domestic and international events.
It’s kind of hard to say but people that I know around me tend to read the political news because they are interested in what happens in the domestic country and abroad, but maybe for others, they just care more about the sports and fashion events. Well, if I were to choose between the two, I’ll probably go with reading domestic news because they are closer to home, and affects me more; whereas, you know, international news sometimes have nothing to do with my daily life, so I just read the headlines.
Well, I feel that newspaper agents always try to use the bold headings, attractive advertisements, and insights in the article to get the readers’ attention.
Well, I guess that newspapers have a great influence on society. Newspapers keep them informed about economy, political activities, science, education. Besides, it gives a true and correct picture of the society, country. Moreover, they also help us to educate people about their rights and duties.
Yes, getting news from internet is a regular source now because it’s very convenient for me to get news from internet such as mobile phone. The news apps in my mobile phone usually send me the most urgent notifications to me so it keeps me posted.