IELTS Speaking Part 2
Describe a TV program you enjoy
You should say:
• What it is
• When you watch it
• Who you watch it with
• And explain why you like to watch it.
Well, I would like to talk about “The Walking Dead”, which is an American television drama series that I have recently become crazy about.
As you might not know, The Walking Dead is the most popular TV show on air right now and everybody across the globe watches it. It portrays the world after a zombie apocalypse, where society has crumbled and there is no government to take care of the people’s welfare.
The show stars many talented and famous actors and actresses. Among them, I believe Andrew Lincoln, who plays the leading role of a police officer, leaves the most significant impression on audiences and myself, mainly because of his outstanding acting skills and the devotion he put into every scene.
Interestingly enough, my favourite part about this show is the make-up of all the different zombies. You know, all the characters are well-designed and have to go through an elaborate makeup process to achieve extremely realistic looks on screen.
And the reason why I am a huge fan of The Walking Dead? Well, it is quite easy to explain. I’ve held a great interest in Zombie apocalypse’s ever since I was a kid and I even dreamt about living in one. Apart from that, I think that this series has a very stimulating plot along with many unexpected twists, which raises great excitement for the viewers.
I just simply cannot get enough of this show and I can’t wait for the beginning of the next season.
1. series – a TV programme with a number of different episodes surrounding the same set of characters
2. crazy about – really like
3. on air – broadcast/shown on TV
4. across the globe – around the world
5. portrays – to represent, describe or show something
6. apocalypse – a serious event resulting in a lot of destruction and change to the planet
7. crumbled – broken apart, destroyed
8. welfare – physical and mental health
9. leading role – the main actor or character
10. audiences – people watching the show
11. make-up – cosmetics or something used to change the colour or appearance of your face
12. elaborate – a lot of careful detail
13. stimulating plot – exciting storyline
14. unexpected twists – changes in the story you didn’t think would happen