IELTS Speaking Part 2
Describe a TV series you enjoy watching
You should say:
• What it is
• What it’s about
• When you first watched it
And explain why you like watching it.
Well, I would like to talk about The Walking Dead, which is an American television drama series I have recently become crazy about.
As you might know, The Walking Dead is the most popular TV show on air at the moment and everybody across the globe is watching it. It portrays the world after a zombie apocalypse, where society has crumbled and there is no government anymore to take care of the people’s welfare. I first watched this series about 3 years ago and I immediately fell in love with it, and since then I’ve become really fond of horror movies as well.
The show stars many talented and famous actors, which is one of the main reasons why I love this series. Andrew Lincoln is the actor who plays the leading role of a police officer and I think he leaves the most significant impression on the audience and me, mainly because of his outstanding acting skills and the devotion he puts into every scene.
Interestingly enough, my favourite part about this show is the make-up of the various kinds of zombies, with each and every one of them having to go through an elaborate makeup process to achieve the extremely realistic looks they are able to get.
So as I was saying earlier, I really have had a great interest in the idea of a Zombie apocalypse ever since I was a kid and I even dreamt of living in one once. But apart from that though, I think that this series has a very stimulating plot and many unexpected twists which raise great suspense and excitement for viewers.
I just simply cannot get enough of this show and I can’t wait for the opening of the next season.
1. on air – broadcast/shown on TV
2. across the globe – around the world
3. portrays – to represent, describe or show something
4. apocalypse – a serious event resulting in a lot of destruction and change to the planet
5. crumbled – broken apart, destroyed
6. welfare – physical and mental health
7. leading role – the main actor or character
8. outstanding – very good, or excellent
9. devotion – to give a lot of time and effort towards something
10. make-up – cosmetics or something used to change the colour or appearance of your face
11. elaborate – a lot of careful detail
12. stimulating plot – exciting storyline
13. unexpected twists – unpredicted changes in the story
14. suspense – a feeling of excitement or anxiety about something that is going to or might happen