IELTS Speaking Part 1
1. What’s your favourite colour?
2. Are there any colours you dislike (Why?)
3. Are colours important to you?
4. Were colours important to you when you were a child?
5. When you are buying something, is the colour important to you?
6. Do you usually wear clothes in your favourite colour?
7. Is colour very important to you when you are buying clothes?
8. Do you prefer light or dark (or, bright) colours?
9. Are there any colours that have a special meaning in your country?
10. What colour would you choose to paint the walls of your room?
11. Is there any colour you would not want your walls to be? (Why?)
12. Do you think different types of people like different colours?
My favourite colour is blue, it is the colour of depth and stability. Blue symbolises wisdom, confidence and intelligence. And I don’t like the pink because it is too girly.
I suppose so. You know, different colour conveys different meaning to people. Red represents passion and enthusiasm while green means energetic. So I always choose the suitable colours for things.
Well, yes, I have several clothes in blue, which can bring calm and tranquil feelings to me. I believe that blue is always fashionable in men’s outfit.
If I were to choose between the two, I’ll probably go with dark because I believe dark represents stability and wisdom, for example I always choose the dark outfit in my office to highlight my profession, whereas light suits juvenile better.
Yes, there are many colours that have special meaning in my country such as black, which would make people think of mystery. Also like red, it means lucky and good fortune in China, when it is New Year, people like to wear red clothes, set red firecrackers and give red pocket money to children.
I would like to paint my walls in light yellow or light blue because light colours convey warm and calm to me which should be suitable for household. Yes, I believe different people have different psychological demand for colours. Some need peace of mind, whereas others may feel like energetic and rebellious.