IELTS Speaking Part 1
1. What’s (the name of) your hometown (again)?
2. Is that a big city or a small town?
3. Please describe your hometown a little.
4. How long have you been living there?
5. Do you like your hometown?
6. Do you like living there?
7. What do you like (most) about your hometown?
8. Is there anything you dislike about it?
9. Do you think you will continue living there for a long time?
Well, my hometown is the city of Huangshan, which is a small and quiet place. It is surrounded by the mountains so that it is a pretty nice place to live. The weather there is quite pleasant all year round, even in winter the temperatures are quite mild. Although Huangshan is developing a lot recently, and expanding every year, it is still a traditional town as the new architectures are built in the old-fashioned way. I think that as the tourist city, it should preserve its own characteristic to attract the tourists. In addition, the food there is excellent. You can digest a lot of local snacks that can not be tasted elsewhere. In sum, I believe my hometown is definitely worth a visit.
I was born and raised there. I only moved out when I went to university in 2002. So I had lived there for about 19 years.
Well, my hometown earns a high reputation for its Huangshan Mountain which attracts floods of tourists every year around the globe. It is renowned for its graceful pines, unusual rocks, cloud sea and hot springs. I have been there for two times. I was really attracted by its magnificent natural scenery.