IELTS Speaking Part 2
Describe a sport stadium that’s important in your city.
You should say:
• where it is
• how often you go there
• what people do there
And explain why you think it is important
I would like to talk about My Dinh National Stadium which hosts various important national and international level events. This multi – purpose stadium is located in My Dinh suburban commune, Tu Liem district, Hanoi capital. This stadium has a seating capacity of 50,000. Also it was officially opened in 2003.
This stadium is not far from my house, actually just about 300m to the north. I often go there whenever there are activities which interest me. People usually visit / attend there to encourage and support sporting events, especially Vietnam teams as well as enjoy entertaining activities.
My Dinh stadium is very important to not only Hanoi but also the whole country due to its irreplaceable functions. It is one of the biggest and most well-equipped stadiums in Vietnam utilized as a showcase to stage a large number of important events namely the 2003 Southeast Asia Games, and the 2008 AFC Champions League.
Moreover, this stadium plays a critical role since many foreigners might get to know/come to know about Vietnam through the activities held there. Therefore, it is essential to promote a good image of it in order to impress foreigners positively.
– Multi-purpose (adjective): having many different uses
Example: This room is multi-purpose – we use it for meetings, interviews, and taking breaks.
– Capacity (noun): the total amount that can be contained or produced, or (especially of a person or organization) the ability to do a particular thing
Example: The stadium has a seating capacity of 50,000.
– Interest (verb): to attract your attention and make you feel interested; to make yourself give your attention to something.
Example: She has always interested herself in charity work.
– Irreplaceable: (adjective) too valuable or special to be replaced.
Example: Most of the porcelain you see in the display cabinets is irreplaceable.
– Utilize: (verb) to use something, especially for a practical purpose
Example: The Romans were the first to utilize concrete as a building material