IELTS Speaking Part 2
Describe a wild animal
You should say:
• What it looks like
• Where you can see it
• What it likes to eat or do
And explain why you like it
I would like to tell you about an opportunity that I met a white tiger which is one of the star attractions in Singapore Zoo during my last summer vacation.
I was recommended to see white tiger first due to its rarity and uncommon beauty. Its habitat is landscaped to resemble a dense jungle. I was truly attracted and felt excited at the first sight by its gorgeous appearance. This giant cat has blue eyes, pink nose, and creamy white fur covered with brown stripes.
In the wild, this animal’s diet consists of monkeys, birds and other animals as it is a carnivore. It also prefers killing young, weak or old animals because they cannot run as fast and are often left alone by their herd. In the zoo, it is fed by animal’s meat even including imported meat namely Kangaroo’s meat.
At the beginning I felt scared a little bit because tigers are well – known for a dangerous species as well as the King of animals. However after encountering this white tiger, I changed my mind since it was very cute and friendly to human.
As tigers in general and white tigers in particular are endangered species, I suggest that people should make a great effort to preserve them.
– Star attraction: famous attraction
Ex: white tiger is one of the star attractions in Singapore Zoo
– Landscape: to change the appearance of an area of land, especially next to a building or road so that it looks more like natural countryside
Ex: Its habitat is landscaped to resemble a dense jungle
– Resemble: to look like or be like someone or something
Ex: After the earthquake, the city resembled a battlefield
– Gorgeous: very beautiful and attractive; giving pleasure and enjoyment
Ex: you look gorgeous!
– Carnivore: any animal that eats meat
Ex: lions and tigers are carnivores
– Endangered species: a type of animal or plant that might stop existing because there are only a few of that type alive
Ex: white tiger is an endangered species
– Make a great effort: the physical or mental energy that you need to do something; something that takes a lot of energy
Ex: You should make a great effort to complete this assignment.