IELTS Speaking Part 2
Describe what you think would be the perfect job for you
You should say:
• what job it would be
• what you would do in this job
And explain why you think this would be the perfect job for you.
For me, the ideal job that I would like to have is to be an air hostess.
This job involves taking care of customers on planes, serving food and drinks, and making sure that they have a safe flight. In Vietnam, to apply for this position, an applicant has to meet various requirements, including being at least 20 years old, having good communication and problem-solving skills, having a good command of language, and so on. One special thing is this career is open to both men and women, although women are
There are many reasons why I think this job would suit me. Firstly, I have a passion for traveling. Taking this job, I could travel to many countries on a regular basis. Occasionally, when I have free time between flights, I would be able to go sightseeing and enjoy a variety of local food. Secondly, I have quite a good command of English and French, which are spoken by the majority of people around the world. Therefore, this would help me a lot if I could get this job. Lastly, I am really interested in talking with others. So, I believe that this job is perfect for me since I would meet hundreds of people every day. As a final point, I hope that I can follow my dream career in the future.
– taking care of: [phrasal verb] providing customers with everything that they need for their comfort and protection.
Example: My mother is taking care of my children while I am away on business.
– applicant: [noun] a person who makes a formal request for something, such as a job or a place at university.
Example: I don’t think that I will get the job, because there were hundreds of applicants.
– having a good command of: [expression] having a good knowledge, especially of a language, and the ability to speak it well.
Example: Having a good command of at least one foreign language is necessary for most people working in the tourist industry.
– open to: [adjective] available to, because both men and women can enter this profession.
Example: This job is open to people of all ages, but applicants must have a university qualification.
– on a regular basis: [expression] regularly.
Example: The fire equipment is checked on a regular basis, usually at the end of each month.
– go sightseeing: [verb] visit interesting places as a tourist.
Example: I would like to go sightseeing in Hanoi and visit the Old City and the Temple of Literature.
– dream career: [noun] the profession that I would really love to have.
Example: For a lot of boys, their dream career is to be a football player.